Just so our community blog doesn't feel left out, I decided to post something. I'm always looking for good deals.... so share!
Many of you already are aware of this awesome co-op, but for those who are not, this is for you. I recently discovered (thanks to my sister, Ronda) a deal called Bountiful Baskets. On Monday, you order a "basket" for $15, then on Saturday morning, you go to a specified pick up site to get your produce. The basket contains 6 different fruits and 6 different vegetables. If you are interested in what types of produce, you can check out a few blog entries listing the items from four different weeks. Example 1. Example 2. Example 3. Example 4.
You can purchase as many baskets as you want (as long as that many are available... they go fast so make it quick!) You can also add other items offered each week, such as bread, olive oil, etc. Check out the list each week to know what is being offered.
The only catch... most pick up times are early Saturday morning... so if you aren't a Saturday morning person and you want it... you might have to bribe your early-morning neighbor with some blackberries to get it for you.... You will have a 20 minute window to pick it up, or it will be donated to the local fire department. However I did find that last Saturday when I got up at 7 instead of 8 or 8:30, I accomplished a lot more that day!!
It is available in many areas in Utah, Idaho, and Arizona. But it is helping me to eat better since I normally don't buy many veggies.... and I'm not a huge salad eater, but Romaine lettuce seems to be a hot item for them.... which is good since I should be eating it anyway!
So there you go, for those who have not heard of this before, check it out and see if it is a good fit for your family. Ronda has been doing it for the last month and she has been really impressed. I have only done it one week, but I'm excited to keep doing it.
FYI: The website is less than amazing at shopping time... don't get discouraged! And don't forget to check what time your area becomes available to start purchasing! (Springville is 3 hours later than Layton.) Happy produce shopping!!
Monday, May 03, 2010
Dealio
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Emily has been doing this for a few years now, and loves it. Emilie has been doing it for a few months now too and really likes it as well.
Post a Comment